Bermuda Casino Gaming Commission invites applications for the position of Director of Legal.
The Bermuda Casino Gaming Commission (BCGC) is seeking a highly qualified Director of Legal to oversee the legal affairs of the BCGC’s business operations.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Providing strategic legal advice to the Commission and oversight of the compliance function;
- Implementing a robust regulatory regime relating to the oversight of casino gaming and other non-gaming activities in Bermuda.
- Participating as a senior member of the management team working directly with the Commissioners and Executive Director to undertake strategic initiatives on behalf of the Commission ;
- Developing and overseeing enforcement and control systems; Developing and managing professional staff within the legal and compliance teams
- Acting as Corporate Secretary to the Board of Directors
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- A member in good standing with the Bermuda Bar Association and in possession of a current practicing certificate or Admission to the Bar of a Commonwealth jurisdiction.
- At least 10 years demonstrable experience in public and administrative law, regulation and commercial law practice is desirable;
- Experience within a public authority, quango or public sector entity is preferable;
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal skills are required
- Experience working with senior management and a Board of Directors is essential
Qualified persons wishing to be considered for the post may submit your written application with Curriculum Vitae marked CONFIDENTIAL – Director of Legal to HR@bcgc.bm or mail to Human Resource, Bermuda Casino Gaming Commission, 23 Church Street, Hamilton HM11 Deadline for submitting Curriculum Vitae is December 31st, 2019